Monday, September 12, 2011

Street Looks From All Over The World

Sifting through websites, looking for inspiration, I found my way to www.elle.com and checked out their Global Street Style pictures. They had almost 300 pictures in there. Below are all the looks that spoke loudest to me and why I find them so fabulous.



On the Street, Casablanca: This outfit is pretty simple, nothing too crazy. No one will think you are obsessed with fashion if you walk out in this. I like that it's understated in this way. I also like that she cuffed the skinny jeans and made them so cropped. I think that makes the whole thing. That and the light-colored button down shirt under her bomber jacket. Nice.




On The Street, Bucharest: I totally would wear some version of this outfit. I love the color blocking. And I love the bag. It's very Emilio Pucci-esque. The pink boots are extravagantly loud and yet comfy/practical all at the same time. They reiterate a surprising rule of shoes I learned years ago (coincidentally, when I bought MY first pink pair!:)) Shoes with color are a lot more versatile than you think they are, and you'll have a lot more fun wearing them. I also like the skinny camel colored belt. Note to self -- I need one of those.




On The Street, Bratislava: Does this not wreak of drama? I'm not sure I would try to pull this off, but it speaks to my inner child that played dress up. That vest, those shoes, those long chains! Even her posture says, "I do what I want," and "I'm not afraid to be noticed". Both are interesting statements to be wearing. I'm not sure when the last time was I wore either of those statements so boldly.



On The Street, Barcelona: Did I mention that I love skinny jeans and boots? The crispness and sophistication of this outfit. Ah. It's so breezy and refreshing. The sunglasses almost give this person an air of unreachable, but I think it adds to the allure of the whole outfit. I love the fresh brightness of her top. Of course, none of these pieces are daring at all. But that's one of the things I love about it. It's a little safe, but safe can be very pretty and classy. And comfortable.



On The Street Amsterdam: This outfit is proof that a simple, sleek style can pack a punch. Another thing about this outfit -- from the jewelry, to the bag, to the dress, everything pops! The editing on this outfit frees you of distractions, which makes each piece stand out. They are each so unique. The necklace becomes kinda mesmerizing, doesn't it? And she looks so put together that you forget her hair is kinda messy. Maybe she left her hair that way to tie in her more rough-looking handbag. I love the earthy tones of her shoes and handbag. Although, in practice, I'm not sure I'd go for such a big bag. but it does look fun and I love the rich color of the leather. There's not much there, but each part of this outfit gets its moment to shine.



On The Street, Portland: Ok, this outfit is SO daring. Dare to bare those fabulous legs. And those boots. I love the mid-calf length. And she wore a light-colored boot, which breaks up her leg-line, even while being a shorter frame! I think it looks gorgeous. I'm starting to be converted to the idea that mid-calf boots are a short girl's best friend, or at least one of them. The jacket has such a fabulous shape and print. Everything else is just a compliment to it. What an excellent demonstration of how to make good use of a statement piece. And did I mention I love her ridiculously huge sunglasses? Even her hair, voluptuous, and shaped perfectly. I'm in love.



On The Street, also Portland: There are a few things that fascinate me about the smartness of this outfit. First, her color choices are excellent. Hello yellow! Also, that print under her sweater is something that, alone, would be way too big and bold and overwhelming for a slight frame (like me), but with a sweater to calm it down a little, it's fabulous! And how crazy is the idea that a bright yellow cardy would be calming anything down?! And yet it does. Also, she's not wearing skinny jeans with her boots! They're a straight-leg cut. This relieves me because 1) I think she looks adorable, and 2) I have done the same thing and wondered if it made me look sloppy. Of course, I could still have looked sloppy, but at least I know it's not because of the combo of those two pieces. :)



On The Street, Chicago: I love the wide-leg jeans. I also love the belted sweater and the puffy layering of the whole thing. She looks so put together, and yet she's totally cozied up and bundled. Her figure is in there somewhere. You can't really see it. But she still looks sophisticated. It takes a woman with inner confidence to know she can look that hot while being that covered up. The jury's still out on the length of her jeans -- I think they would would drive me crazy and fray at the bottom in no time. And I like clean leg lines, which you don't get here. But I still like the look.



On The Street, Singapore: So edgy. Her hair, for one thing, is totally edgy. And then that extreme crop to her jacket. Her shoes in their light gray. She is modern art walking. And then you have that organic-looking claw on her long, pendant necklace. It's a total contrast to the rest of the outfit. I'm not sure how to incorporate any of these rules in my own dress. I could never pull off that hair cut. But I really like the idea of this outfit. I really do.

No comments:

Post a Comment