Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pops of Color



I am all for ridiculously bright pops of color. I love the red in what might otherwise be an average black & white dress that you've seen a million times before. And the two tone shoes! I love two tone shoes. And being adorable Sarah Jessica Parker doesn't hurt either.



And then, you have pops of color ALL OVAH! This outfit is adorable on Zoe Saldana. I don't know how much I would actually copy. I'm just not sure if my complexion could handle that much bright color. But I DO like mixing and matching colors that may otherwise seem unrelated -- which this outfit does. The other part of this outfit that can be hard for curvier figures -- the loose, draping fit. Admittedly, when I try tops like this, I wear a sports bra to pretend I'm flat and avoid the "Thoroughly Modern Milly" problem of not having the beads hang flat. I think it works, but I've never heard of anyone else trying to flatten their chest before, so I'm not really sure if I am committing the ultimate fashion faux pas when I do this or not. Who knows. Maybe Zoe is wearing a sports bra too. :)

Oh, and I love the sexy, sexy effect with the satin sheen on her clothes and those strappy black heels! Don't forget the shoes. Shoes are very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment