Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Red Carpet: Cate Blanchett




Oh, to be statuesque and stunning like Cate Blanchett. This is Ms. Blanchett at the 2011 Oscars red carpet. The pops of yellow on the dress are amazing and the details are so mesmerizing!

I totally don't like the back of the dress -- it's just a couple of crisscrossed straps:



I think it looks half done and more like an apron than a gown. And even though I don't go for backless dresses, even if I did this look is totally unflattering. I bet Cate Blanchett has a sexy back, but in this dress it looks like she has a chubby back. Not cute at all. Did I mention I hate the back?

But the front -- picture perfect. And she did a great job pulling off that light and airy lavender hue. It looks great even with her light, ivory complexion! Her hair is done very simple, so it's not distracting. But it's still polished and done -- just the right amount. And with that excellent make-up job that compliments the whole look, her eyes totally pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment