Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Blushing for the Bride


Ben asked me why I love shoes so much. In light of what inspired him to ask the question, I had to think hard. His inspiration, of course, was my shoe purchase just moments prior -- a new pair of blush colored pumps in snakeskin with a matte finish. And as crazy as it sounded, my response to him seemed completely logical to me. It’s not so much that I love them as I find that wearing the right shoe with something is necessary. I don’t love them. I need them. It’s beyond love, my love.

How could one need blush heels that cost $140?? Let me tell you.

I have a wedding to go to. The bride’s colors are pink and green accented with black. I just so happen to have a black skirt that has embroidery on it with pink and green, with which I normally wear a pink top with a green jacket. Perfect! But then I run into shoe trouble.

1) I normally wear matte black leather pumps with this outfit. And for a summer wedding in August, black, chunky closed-toe pumps are too wintry.

2) I can’t wear black flats either, as I am too short to be able to pull off the look of the outfit without heels.

3) Other, cheaper blush-colored shoes are patent leather varieties, which are too shiny and showy for my outfit that is less polish-y and somewhat understated.

4) Blush is the quintessentially perfect color to match my outfit, accommodate the summer season, and fill in as a versatile shoe for a myriad of other outfits in my wardrobe. Can we say
“excellent interview shoe”?
J They’re so on trend, and yet still timeless.

5) Who can say no to snake-skin in blush??

I needed these shoes…. just like I needed those incredibly expensive silver glitter shoes for the wedding last year. It’s not my fault people keep getting married.

1 comment: